Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout – October 27, 2018
Take advantage of a free, convenient, confidential, and safe disposal of unused or expired medications during Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout on Saturday, October 27, 2018. Drop off medications at any of the eight Fairfax County District Police Stations (pills or liquids only, no pressurized canisters or needles) between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Operation Medicine Cabinet Cleanout is a partnership with local businesses in collaboration with the following Fairfax County government departments: Police, Health, Public Private Partnerships, Neighborhood and Community Services, Public Works and Environmental Services, and the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board.
Drug take back programs are important because they are a safe method for disposing of prescription drugs and are organized and closely monitored by local, state, and federal government agencies.
Safe disposal of unused or expired medications prevents drug abuse and misuse, accidental poisoning, and protects the environment. Learn more about the prescription drug take-back programs.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2018
10 A.M. – 2 P.M.
- Drop off unused or expired medications at a Fairfax County Police district station
(pills or liquids only, no pressurized canisters or needles)
- Disposal is FREE, convenient, confidential, and safe
- Safe handling of unused or expired medications:
- Prevents accidental poisoning
- Protects the environment
- Prevents drug abuse
- Fair Oaks District Station
12300 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, Fairfax, VA 22033
- Franconia District Station
6121 Franconia Road, Alexandria, VA 22310
- Mason District Station
6507 Columbia Pike , Annandale, VA 22003
- McLean District Station
1437 Balls Hill Road, McLean, VA 22101
- Mount Vernon District Station
2511 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, VA 22306
- Reston District Station
1801 Cameron Glen Drive, Reston, VA 20190
- Sully District Station
4900 Stonecroft Boulevard, Chantilly, VA 20151
- West Springfield District Station
6140 Rolling Road, Springfield, VA 22152
NEED HELP WITH A SUBSTANCE ABUSE ISSUE?
Call the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board:
- Emergency Services (24/7) – 703-573-5679 (TTY 711)
- Fairfax Detoxification Center (24/7) – 703-502-7000 (TTY 703-322-9080)
- CSB Entry & Referral Services – 703-383-8500
- Call 911 for life-threatening emergencies