Angst: Raising Awareness Around Anxiety
Angst is a 56-minute film and virtual reality experience that explores anxiety, its causes, effects and what we can do about it. The filmmakers’ goal is to have a global conversation and raise awareness around anxiety. Angst features candid interviews with kids and young adults who suffer, or have suffered, from anxiety and what they’ve learned about it. The film includes discussions with mental health experts about the causes of anxiety and its sociological effects, as well as help, resources and tools. It also has a special interview with Olympian and mental health advocate Michael Phelps to raise awareness about anxiety, to share the stories of those who it impacts, and to help find solutions.
- Anxiety disorders are treatable.
- Neuroplasticity of the brain is real. You can change the way you think about something.
- NAME IT TO TAME IT! Openly discuss exactly what you are feeling in order to bring down your anxiety.
- Parent modeling is SO important!! Tell your children when you are feeling anxiety/shame/fear and let them know that you are human too! Discuss ways that you manage your own anxiety.
- Exercise (!!!) and sleep (!!!!!) are so important for teenagers to help manage their angst.